Hebrews 12:1

Philippians 2: 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Barcode Scanner & Tea vs. Diet Dr. Pepper

MY DIARY & BARCODE SCANNER

One of many tools I've used for several years now is the MyFitnessPal website. Only yesterday, did I try the app on my iPhone for the first time, and I love it! I've posted a picture of my diary page showing that I actually stayed within my calorie limits for the day, AND I got out and exercised. I consider this something to celebrate. My favorite new feature of the MyFitnessPal app is their awesome barcode scanner.
Once upon a time, I spent hours dragging food boxes into my computer room and inputing every part of the nutrition label into the MFP database. Positive: Once it was there, I never had to do that again. Negative: It was very time consuming which is one major reason why I quit logging into MFP over and over again....BUT...now...we have the AMAZING barcode scanner! 
Just scan the item you ate and BaBam! Nutritional content already loaded ready to add to your diary. It takes just seconds and has rekindled my excitement for MFP. Seriously, I didn't want to eat anything that didn't have a barcode; I was having way too much fun!
But as we all know...I'm Dizzy. So don't expect MFP to last too long in the world of Lizzy.

TEA VS. DIET DR. PEPPER


Here are my nonnegotiables: Two cups of coffee with Powdered Sugar Free Coffee Mate Creamer and Diet Dr. Pepper. Every once in a while, I decide that I need to start drinking healthier beverages and try deleting caffeine from my diet. NEVER a good idea! Yesterday, I momentarily forgot that I'm addicted to caffeine and decided it would be smart to ditch all soda and coffee in place of caffeine-free tea. My compromise was this: Once all the tea in the container is gone, you can have a soda. Sounded smart in theory until the headache set in. My headache started with a dull ache and continued to grow throughout the day. Around noon, I ended up in bed with a migraine and an eye mask to block out light. Did I drink caffeine? No. Idiot me decided to wait it out with Ibuprofen and (you guessed it) MORE tea. Around three, I realized this headache was NOT going away and I broke my caffeine fast with a Diet Dr. Pepper. I was a little annoyed with myself. I had ONE cup of tea left in that dang pitcher. So what did I learn? Don't go cold turkey on caffeine. Tomorrow I'm going to try again, but this time I'm starting my day with two cups of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog. This journey is very personal to me, and I'm rather sensitive. Please only leave encouraging and uplifting comments. Thanks!!