Hebrews 12:1

Philippians 2: 16 Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ's return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless.

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Finding JOY Apart From Food

Christmas vacation has been the perfect time for Tasha and me to flex our creative muscles. You may think painting has nothing to do with weight loss, but I think it does. "Health is not merely the absence of disease. It is a balance of physical, mental, and social well-being."--Doug Willen, D.C. Although I would add a spiritual aspect to Willen's definition, I believe his view supports my opinion. Here are the benefits of my painting experience:
1) I had quality bonding time with my teenage daughter.
2) Art relaxes me.
3) Guess what I wasn't doing while I was painting? You guessed right. I didn't EAT the whole time. Painting distracted me from snacking. Each painting took about two hours, so that was at least four hours without munching on something.

My goal for 2014 is to Run My Race with JOY. Today (and Friday) I found JOY while painting with my daughter.  What activities bring you JOY? What activities distract you from snacking? What relaxes you? My goal for you is to restart a hobby or start something new that will bring you JOY. Have fun!

OWL ART

Here's the link we used to teach us how to draw owls. Really super easy to follow.
http://www.art-is-fun.com/how-to-draw-an-owl.html




LINE DESIGN ART

Here's the link we used to learn about line design. This activity would be good for fourth grade on up.
http://www.teachkidsart.net/line-designs-with-shading/


Love, 
Dizzy Lizzy

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading your blog, Liz. You are an amazing woman. God has truly blessed you, and will continue to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl! Great to see this initiative Liz. Every blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading my blog. This journey is very personal to me, and I'm rather sensitive. Please only leave encouraging and uplifting comments. Thanks!!